The Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge has appointed Rob McKnight as the Event Director for the 2010 event.
“We are delighted that Rob has accepted the role as the Event Director for the 2010 event – his experience with other Taupo events such as Ironman and Ironkidz and, of course, his previous experience with Cycle Challenge will hold him in good stead in this role,” said Doug Simmons, Chairman of the Cycle Challenge Trust.
“I am pleased to be working more closely with Cycle Challenge and its organising team,” said Mr McKnight, who has been involved with the event for seven years as a former Trustee and an integral member and chair of the Operations Committee.
“Since entries opened on July 1, we have already had almost 1000 cyclists enter to ‘Face the Challenge’ of Lake Taupo and over 160 are from overseas,” said Mr McKnight of the event which is expected to attract over 10,000 riders from around New Zealand and the world.
“I am looking forward to continually enhancing an outstanding community event, working with incredible event partners such as Contact and ensuring over 10000 cyclists and over 20,000 visitors annually to Taupo for the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge have an experience they will remember” says Mr McKnight
Mr McKnight will replace Keith Crate, who retired in May, after a 15 year involvement with the event.
“Keith’s stewardship heralded a number of changes which impacted significantly on the success of Cycle Challenge – his passion, enthusiasm and dedication know no bounds and he will be missed,” said Mr Simmons.
For more information, go to www.cyclechallenge.com
Entry prices for 2010 Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge
· 160km Solo - $95 before October 1; $96 after October 1
· 160km Tandem – $95 before October 1; $96 after October 1
· Linfox Tarmac 160km Relay (2, 3 or 4 people) – $97 per team member before October 1; $99 after October 1
· 320km Enduro - $95 before October 1; $96 after October 1
· 640km Maxi Enduro - $95 before October 1; $96 after October 1
· 1280km Extreme Enduro - $95 before October 1; $96 after October 1
· Contact Huka Solo 80km Challenge - $95 before October 1: $96 after October 1
· Contact Huka 80km Relay (2 people) - $85 per team member before October 1; $87 after October 1
· Contact Huka 80km XL Race – $100 before October 1; $103 after October 1
· Avanti Men’s Classic 160km Race - $100 before October 1; $103 after October 1
· Workout Zone Women’s 80km Road Race – $85 before October 1; $87 after October 1
· Heart Children NZ 5km Heart Ride – $21 before October 1: $22 after October 1
A $20 entry fee discount is offered to all riders aged under 18 years, except in the Heart Rider and Race categories.