Don’t miss out on Auckland City Council’s 13th Go By Bike Breakfast on Wednesday, 17 February 2010 from 6.30am – 9am! This celebratory cycling event is a great chance for you to join New Zealand’s month-long celebration of Bike Wise Month 2010.
Whether you cycle everyday or just once in a while, the Go By Bike Breakfast is for all cyclists. All you need to do is arrive at the event at Auckland’s Viaduct on a bike on 17 February to enjoy a free breakfast - including a Sierra coffee from our brand new sponsor, Sierra Cafe, as well as some great displays and prizes.
What’s happening at the event?
- Free breakfast – including a free Sierra coffee and muffin
- The return of Urgent Courier’s popular ‘Commuter Challenge’
- Jon Bridges as MC and 91.8 More FM
- Fantastic prizes, including a bike from AvantiPlus, Mt Eden, and other great spot prizes for the biggest workplace team and best fancy dress
- Free bike health checks from Adventure Cycles
- The now-famous ‘Frocks on bikes’.
Location – Eastern Viaduct
Entering the Viaduct at the junction of Quay and Fanshawe streets, cycle straight past Voyager NZ (formerly the NZ National Maritime Museum), and see the event entrance and registration area. Make sure you get a number on arrival to go into the draw for the spot prizes.
Ride along with a cycling bus
We have three cycling buses for those who travel into the city and the first 50 riders to register with a cycling bus will win a back pack! Please make sure you wear a helmet and high-visibility clothing and check that your tyres and tubes are in good condition. Volunteer marshals will ride with the cycling buses to help ensure safety and a police escort will also be present. To register with a cycling bus, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamaki Drive – meet on the corner of Watene Street and Tamaki Drive at 6.45am.
- North-western cycleway – meet at the corner of Carrington and Sutherland roads at 6.45am.
- Dominion Road – meet at the Mt Eden War Memorial at 7am.
Want to join the fun but need a bike?
If you don’t have a bike but would like to participate in the event, NextBike (www.nextbike.co.nz) hires bikes in the CBD
- $4 per hour and maximum of $16 for 24 hours
- Pick up a bike from a street stand the night before the Go By Bike Breakfast and ride in next morning, then return it to a stand near your work
- Helmet and bike lock are included. Register at www.nextbike.co.nz
Bike Central also hires bikes. Visit www.bikecentral.co.nz
Flyers and posters
If you’d like a poster to put up at work or in your shop / café window, or would like to give your customers a flyer, don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
Help spread the news
If you know anyone who you think would like to participate in this fun event and help celebrate cycling as a healthy, fun, sustainable way to travel, please forward them this link.
Regular updates about Go By Bike 2010 will be posted on the Auckland City Council website. Visit www.aucklandcity.govt./events
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event, if your company would like to contribute food or if you would like to become an event volunteer.
If you would like to stop receiving these updates please email email@example.com with Decline in the subject line
We’d like to extend a big thank you to all our 2010 sponsors:
Sierra Café, BikeWise and 91.8 More FM, ARTA